Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hachi



Today, I watched the movie Hachi.It is about a boy who is telling a story to his class, about his most inspirational character, and it turns out to be his grandfathers dog. Many people laugh at him in the classroom, but he goes on with the story. The story about a man in his mid sixties, who comes back from a trip by train, and on the train station, he find's a puppy who is lost. He takes the puppy in, and finally convinces his wife to keep the dog. THe dog is an Akita dog, and even though this do breed has the characteristic of not being human friendly, Hachi, which is his name, end's up being extremeley close to the owner. The story occurs in the 30's, and it is impressive how it can be such a long time ago, and still be a perfectly modern day story. Anway, the dog get's so close to the owner, that hw follows his master to the train station, where he leaves to work, and goes back home. At the end of the day, Hachi would come back to the train station at the exact moment his owner came back, and take him home. Both of them build an impressive connection. However, one day, while he is giving his classes, the man suffers from a heart attack, and dies.

The dog however, continues going to the same train station, and waiting for his owner, even though he never came back. Even though Hachi was adopted by the former owner's daughter, he ran away, and would go at noon every day to the train station, and wait for his owner. He did that for ten years, and died doing that one day at night, when he was tweleve. It is a very touching story. It is very beautiful, but at the same time very sad. It was the only movie in my entire life, that tears came down my cheeks. I do not know if it is because of my living between pets, and animals, or because it is just so sad. I really liked the movie though. I recommend it to people, however, recommend them to hold a kleenex box by their side, for even me, who had never cried in any movie throughout my whole life, cried in this one.

Respec.
Jamal
Links: http://emol.org/film/archives/heartlandfilmfestival/2009/Hachi1.gif
http://tokyo5.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/hachi.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful dog. I think I'm not in the mood to see anymore sad animal stories for a while, though. Shogo (12th grade) just posted a heartbreaking little clip of a squirrel trying to defend his dead squirrel friend from some crows. THAT almost made me want to cry (I swear that pregnancy makes me more sentimental).

    ReplyDelete