Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas



I know it is kind of early to talk about christmas, however, as is is one of the things I most enjoy, it is today's post's subject. My family holds a tradition, of always picking real trees for christmas, and for me, this is one of the most important part of Christmas. The picking of the tree, and the taking it home to put on the lights, while listening to christmas music by louis armstrong, or nat kingcole, is one of the best parts of christmas. Christmas has different meanings to different people, and even so, everyone worships it. For children, the word that comes in bold is presents, even though many have relegious teachings in mind. For relegious people, it is the coming of Jesus Christ to our world, or the begining of eternal salvation. In my past experiences, I have looked at Christmas, when going through difficulties, and for help, for it has always helped me. It is when the whole family comes together, and everybody is joined together, as though nothing that could restrain the the communication of family members exists. When I think about Christmas, the word Unite is what is in bold.Every year, my entire family comes together at my grandmothers house on the 24th to celebrate Christmas. Last year, Christmas was very rainy, with trees swaying, and winds blowing at very high speeds out of my grandmothers house. Suddenley, we all heard a very loud CRACK, as a massive tree landed on my aunt's car. After that, the only noise heard on top of the rain was the car's siren. the talking seased, as my oldest cousin, my son's aunt ran into the night with an umbrella to see what had happened. When he came back, he said the car was totally smashed, and had no chance of working again. My aunt, obviously was extremeley sad, however, the whole family began to support her, and even though it was a horrible catastrophe, it was kind of an "ice breaker", because the family, was behaving like a family should behave. It was Christmas.

1 comment: